Friday, July 21, 2006

The Impostor

I saw you with that certain smile on your face
You were in a crowd so all I could do was gaze
I looked in your eyes and tried to read your soul
But all I saw was a deep, dark and endless hole

Somehow I knew what you were feeling
Having everything but still felt nothing
When you looked at me, I knew what you were trying to ask
If it is all right to always wear a mask

To not let others know what’s really inside of you
To hide and run away from your past too
To continue smiling even if you want to cry
Even though you know that it would mean living a lie

The show must go on is what they always say
So you should go out there and pretend to be gay
But this I tell to you my friend is true
You don’t have to be yellow and pink if you’re really gray and blue

No comments: